About Us | Contact Us | E-Paper
Title :    Text :    Source : 

Residents demand resumption of work on DIET Pampore

Post by Javid Sofi on Tuesday, January 10, 2023

First slide
Pulwama:  : Residents have urged authorities for resumption of work on District Institute of Education Training (DIET) complex in Pampore area of South Kashmir's Pulwama district.
Bilal Ahmad, a local resident of Pampore said that construction on the DIET building in Tulbagh area of Pampore was started years ago.
“The work on the multi-storeyed building has been put on halt  for past three to four years,” he said, adding that  DIET Pampore is operating from the accommodation of a government higher secondary school.
“The functioning of DIET from the accommodation of the higher secondary school causes inconvenience to the students due to cramping of space,” he said
President Idara Auqaf Islamia Trust ( IAIT) Mohamad Maqbool Shah informed Rising Kashmir that there is no progress on the work for past four years.
“ A  large amount has been invested by authorities on the construction of the building. They should complete the building by finishing the remaining work,” he said.
He said that they raised the issue with local administration a number of times but to no avail.
He once again demanded concerned authorities for resuming the work on the building.
The residents said that the new building was sanctioned in 2009 and work was entrusted to the R&B department. They added that more than 80 percent work has been completed and remaining 20 percent work needs to be completed before it is made operational for teacher training programmes.
When Executive Engineer R and B Pulwama, Nisar Ahmad Lala was contacted in this regard he said that the issue should be taken up with Education Department and didn’t divulge further details.
Similarly Principal DIET Pampore, Manzoor Ahmad Kumar, said that the issue be taken up with joint director SCERT( State Council of Educational Research and Training).
However, a lower rung officer of R&B department informed that the initial DPR for the building was lacking administrative approval.
He said that they have submitted revised DPR for balance work before authorities and hoped that soon it will get approved.


Latest Post