MBBS in Bangladesh is becoming a trend among Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad. Bangladesh’s Medical Universities provide some of the most significant advantages for Indian students and are considered one of the best countries where from you can pursue medical education.
Pursuing MBBS from Bangladesh is by no means expensive for a Indian student and you get the feel as if you are studying MBBS in India. There, medical degree isn't challenging to acquire, and it has simple admission process. The MBBS program is popular there due to the same syllabus, same books, similar curriculum, and similar study pattern as India.
MBBS study from Bangladesh is turning into a well-known objective for students in nations like India, Nepal, etc. It has shown a remarkable progression in the conditions of education and is the 92nd-largest independent country on the planet.
The total fee for completing MBBS in Bangladesh ranges from 20-37 Lakh for the entire five years MBBS course.
Medical colleges and fee structure in Bangladesh: In Bangladesh’s medical colleges the course duration is five years and additional one year of internship. Here is the list of the colleges and universities that offer admission in MBBS:
- Parkview Medical College, Sylhet.
- Ad-Din Women's Medical College, Dhaka.
- Marks Medical College, Dhaka.
- Sylhet Women’s Medical College, Sylhet.
- Mainamoti Medical College, Comila.
- Dr. Sirajul islam Medical College, Dhaka.
- Medical College for Women and Hospital, Dhaka.
- IBN Sina Medical College, Dhaka.
- TMMS, R.U, Bogra.
- Eastern Medical College, Comilla.
- North East Medical College, Sylhet.
- Jalalabad Ragib Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet.
- Kumudini Women’s Medical College, Tangail.
- Anwer Khan Modern Medical College, Dhaka.
- Shahabuddin Medical College, Dhaka.
- Dhaka National Medical College. (Course fee: Rs 37 lakhs).
- Bangladesh Medical College.(Course fee: Rs 36 lakhs).
- Enam Medical College and Hospital.
- Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College.
- International Medical College Bangladesh.
- Central Medical College.
- Community Based Medical College.
- Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College. (Course fee: Rs 34 lakhs).
- Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College.
- Popular Medical College.
- T.M.S.S. Medical College.
- Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College.
- Gonoshasthaya Samaj Vittik Medical College.
- North Bengal Medical College.
- East West Medical College.
- Delta Medical College.
- Prime Medical College.
- Dhaka Central International Medical College.
- Rangpur Community Medical College.
- US-Bangla Medical College.
- Southern Medical College.
- Uttara Adhunik Medical College.
- Ad-din Sakina Medical College.
- Universal Medical College.
- Green Life Medical College.(Course fee: Rs 32 lakhs.)
- Dhaka Community Medical College.
- Monno Medical College.
- MH Samorita Medical College.
- Diabetic Association Medical College, Faridpur.
- Jahurul Islam Medical College.
- Bikrampur Bhuiyans Medical College.
- Islami Bank Medical College.
- President Abdul Hamid Medical College.
- Uttara Women’s Medical College.
- Z. H. Sikder Women's Medical College.
Here is the eligibility criteria that ought to be perused by each applicant:
- The students must have qualified for the 10+2 examination from the perceived University or the school.
- Candidates must have opted physics, chemistry as the necessary subjects of studies in the 10+2 exams.
- The candidate’s should be at least 17 years, while there is no maximum age restriction.
- Candidates should have a substantial visa and identification with them.
- The minimum grades in the 10+2 examinations of the candidates ought to be 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB).
- The minimum total Grade Point Index (GPA) ought to be eight while the individual total shouldn't be under 3.5.
The admission process is very straightforward. You need to follow the accompanying strides for the MBBS admission in Bangladesh:
- Calculate GPA online check your eligibility criteria.
- Application structures are accessible online through the Bangladesh High Commission or Deputy High Commission of Bangladesh's authority sites. Fill the form and append every necessary report.
- Now you have to wait for the University to apply. Their team will break down your application and then reply.
- When you get the invitation letter, then you can proceed with the submission of the fees.
- Go to the Embassy of Bangladesh and apply for a student visa. Embassy workplaces are situated in New Delhi, Kolkata, Agartala, Mumbai, Guwahati, and Bangalore.
- When the VISA gets approved, head off to university/college and explore studying MBBS in Bangladesh at an entirely reasonable expense.
Required documents for MBBS in Bangladesh:
- A copy of your passport.
- Ten recent passport size photographs should reach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka, by December 2022-23.
- The competent authority must duly certify all certificates, i.e. Certified by the Ministry of Education of the respective country, and the respective Bangladeshi embassies/foreign embassies based in Dhaka abroad.
- The successful applicants will require to produce all academic certificates and mark cards (Transcripts in original formats during their MBBS admission).
Future career opportunity after MBBS in Bangladesh
- Students have a chance to do Post Graduation after completing MBBS if they clear their respective county’s medical license examination.
- Full assistance for the preparation of United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) is available in colleges.
- Clinical rotation programs are conducted in any country.
- Indian students can return to India after passing the National Exit Test (NEXT exam).
Advantages of studying MBBS in Bangladesh
- The MBBS degree is recognized by the WHO and UNESCO and is accepted across the world.
- The Indian students seeking admission are admitted to those recognized by this medical council of India for screening tests conducted by NMC.
- No donation is required to be given to get the MBBS admission in Bangladesh.
- Wide range of possibilities and broad exposure to clinical practice due to highly equipped multi-profile hospitals.
- Students studying in Bangladesh get the opportunity to complete their internship program at world-class medical colleges and hospitals in the world.
- The tuition fee is quite low and affordable.
- Hostel accommodations are comfortable and up to the mark for a student’s comfort.
- MBBS colleges in Bangladesh provide great academics as well as sports.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the MBBS course duration in Bangladesh?
The MBBS course duration in Bangladesh is 5 years + 1-year Internship.
- Is NEET required to study MBBS in Bangladesh?
Since 2018 NEET is compulsory to study MBBS in Bangladesh or any other country.
- Is the degree of MBBS from Bangladesh valid in India?
MBBS degree from Bangladesh is valid in India as medical colleges in Bangladesh are approved by India’s Medical Council.
- Is MBBS in Bangladesh expensive?
MBBS in Bangladesh costs lower than any other country like India or Nepal.
(Note: This is the part 3 of the series on medical education. Part 1 was published on August 24 under the title “MBBS admission in J&K medical colleges” and part 2 on August 31 under the title “MBBS admission in Indian medical colleges” )