How to make Walnut chutney
Post by Syeda Rafiyah on Sunday, October 9, 2022
Kashmiri walnut chutney, also known as Doon chetin, is a nutritious and tasty dish which is consumed occasionally in Kashmiri. It is one of the easiest and most healthy dishes made at home. It making takes 10 to 20 minutes.
The chutney is used on special occasion in Kashmir like marriage functions or parties. It is the most favorite and popular chutney locally and liked by people from other cultures as well.
Let's list out what ingredients should be used to make the chutney. Do not worry you don’t have to go to market. You may find all the ingredients in kitchens.
Traditionally, Kashmiris prepare walnut chutney in a stone mortar and pestle, which gives it a slightly coarse texture.
- Walnuts: 20 pieces
- Red chilli/green chill: 3 to 4 pieces
- Red chilli powder
- Mint: 3 leaves
- Reddish: 1 piece
- Curd: 1 to 2 tea spoon
- Salt: 1 or 2 teaspoon
Preparation of walnut chutney
- Use the stone mortar to grind your ingredients. First, grind reddish and take it out squeeze all water and put it into a bowl.
- Now one by one crush red chillies, walnuts kernels and mint together.
- Add salt according to your taste and now add reddish that was kept in the bowl.
- And finally add curd into it mix it well your yummy walnut chutney is ready. Check out chili and salt before you eat it with rice or any other dish.