JK Bank
Will leave J&K , if anyone proves fraudulent recruitment: LG
About Us | Contact Us | E-Paper
Title :    Text :    Source : 

Will leave J&K , if anyone proves fraudulent recruitment: LG

Administration would not take any wrong decision under pressure from anyone

Post by Irfan Yattoo on Monday, March 20, 2023

First slide
Srinagar, Mar 19: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Sunday stated that recruitment in J&K were conducted in fair and transparent manner. He said if anyone proves him wrong or alleges any single fraudulent recruitment, he will leave Jammu and Kashmir in the next minute.
Addressing a gathering at the opening of the Tulip garden in Srinagar, LG Sinha said that for the first time in history, results of the Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Services (JKAS) examination were declared within three hours of the last candidate's interview.
The move comes days after Jammu and Kashmir Service Selection Board (JKSSB) on deferred all Computer Based Examinations for various posts from March 16 to April 05, 2023 and LG Sinha assured that exams will be held in transparent manner.
He said such transparency is unheard of in any other region of the country, "he added
"If anyone proves me wrong or alleges one fraudulent recruitment  has been made doubly, I will leave Jammu and Kashmir in the next minute," LG Sinha said.
He said wherever complaints had been received, CBI is one among the leading investigation agency in entire country. JKSSB Scam was handed over them and they have also made some arrests in the case. 
"Investigation is being done in a fair way and assure you that anyone who is most powerful and influential people will be punished under the law of the land,” LG said.
LG Sinha said many people have been arrested and I want to assure the people that no one will be spared, even if he is powerful. Stringent punishment according to the country's law and Constitution will be given to them," he said.
"So far 47 people were dismissed because of their alleged involvement in terror and anti-national activities,"  he said.
"Those who recruited families of terrorists are questioning scam in exams. They have no right to question it. They have recruited one lakh  people through backdoor entries and they have no role in it, LG said.
He said  that his administration would not take any wrong decision under pressure from anyone.
"Few months back when JKSSB results were declared, a daughter of a vegetable seller came to Raj Bawan," LG Sinha said.
"My security personnel told me that she wants to meet me. I invited her. She told me that she had never thought of getting a government job. Now only meritorious candidates are selected for government jobs," he said. 
LG Sinha said some people, who have amassed huge wealth by indulging in corruption, are opposing the imposition of property tax in the Union Territory.
"The tax money, which is of the people, will be used for the benefit of the people. It will not be deposited in the consolidated fund of the Union Territory but in the local bodies' accounts.
He said 40% of urban households in Union Territory will have to pay no property tax. The remaining 60 percent have to pay a nominal amount between Rs 600 to Rs 1000 maximum amount per year.
LG Sinha said there are 5.20 lakh houses in Srinagar, Jammu and other municipalities of the Union Territory.
“Out of that 2.06 lakh houses are existing on less than 1000 sq ft. which means that there would be no tax for 40 percent of the population. 80 percent of the 2,0,3680 households will have to pay a nominal amount of Rs 600-Rs 1000 as property tax per annum,” he said.
"We defended the move and they have announced the lowest rates of property tax compared to other states of the country. This amount is one-tenth of the tax amount being paid by Shimla, Ambala and Dehradun," he said.
Regarding the commercial establishments, the Lieutenant Governor said that there are 1.01 lakh units in Srinagar, Jammu and other municipalities.
"Out of which about 46 percent of shops are existing only on less than 100 sq ft. which means they have to pay Rs 700 per year as tax. 80 percent of the shops will come into the range of Rs 500-550 per year. It is just Rs 50 per month," he added.
LG Sinha said that there are 30,000 shops that have to pay less than Rs 2000 per year as tax which is also 1/10th of the three cities of other parts of the country.
He said 76 percent out of 1.01 lakh shopkeepers have to pay minimum tax. I think better than this tax policy would never come, Lieutenant Governor added.


Latest Post