Tips to keep vagina healthy during, after pregnancy
Post by on Thursday, January 20, 2022
Your vagina plays a key role in pregnancy and childbirth, so it deserves special attention. Here are some tips for keeping your vagina healthy during and after pregnancy:
· Dry your vaginal area with a hairdryer on a low, cool setting after bathing or swimming.
· Wipe from front to back after going to the bathroom.
· Don’t douche or use scented sanitary pads or tampons.
· Avoid feminine hygiene sprays or perfumed personal care products.
· Wear looser clothing or underwear.
· Eat yogurt regularly.
· Reduce your sugar intake.
· Stay hydrated.
· Eat a healthy, balanced diet and get regular exercise.
· Consult your doctor when in doubt about vaginal discharge or other vaginal concerns. Some vaginal symptoms may be a sign of a serious problem, so it’s best to be cautious.