Tips To Control Nausea and Vomiting In Pregnancy.
Post by on Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) is excessive vomiting (more than three times a day) during pregnancy. It usually begins between five and ten weeks of pregnancy and can go away by the 20th week. Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy can occur at any time of the day. It may be triggered by a particular odor, food, fatigue, low blood sugar.
Here are some tips to help you get relief:
1. Having frequent but small meals every two hours will help as you are not stuffing your digestive system with too much food to process at a time.
2. Take foods that are high in carbohydrates, like whole-grain bread, cereals, and rice. Protein rich foods such as beans, peas, lentils and lean meats, are also known to subside morning sickness.
3. Brush and rinse your mouth several times a day to avoid the bad breath caused due to vomiting. The bad odor can trigger nausea again.
4. Cold food has less aroma, which may help prevent nausea. Moreover, cutting down on spicy, acidic, fatty and fried foods will help overcome the vomiting sensation.
5. Avoid sleeping immediately after having meals because it slows down the digestion process.