Syndrome X is a huge risk factor for heart attacks. It is also called Metabolic syndrome.
Post by on Wednesday, December 8, 2021
It constitutes of the following :
1. Abdominal obesity (Waist circumference of greater than 40 inches in men, and greater than 35 inches (in women)
2. Triglyceride level of 150 milligrams per deciliter of blood (mg/dL) or greater
3. HDL cholesterol of less than 40 mg/dL in men or less than 50 mg/dL in women
4. Systolic blood pressure (top number) of 130 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg) or greater, or diastolic blood pressure (bottom number) of 85 mm Hg or greater
5. Fasting glucose of 100 mg/dL or greater.
Although metabolic syndrome is a serious condition you can reduce your risks significantly by reducing your weight, increasing your physical activity, eating a heart-healthy diet that's rich in whole grains, fruits, vegetables and fish and working with your healthcare provider to monitor and manage blood glucose, blood cholesterol and blood pressure.