About Us | Contact Us | E-Paper

Six structures gutted due to LPG leakage in Khanyar

Post by on Friday, July 22, 2022

First slide
Srinagar, July 21:  As many as six structures were gutted in a fire incident in Lone Mohalla near Marriage Hall Khanyar here on Thursday.
 According to local residents, in the early morning on Thursday, a massive fire erupted from the residential house and, within a short time, spread to nearby houses and damaged around six structures.
 They said soon after the fire engulfed the residential house, the people living in the area made a hue and cry and swung into action to douse the flames and were immediately joined by firemen. Six structures were gutted in the incident until the fire was brought under control.
 Those whose houses were gutted in the blaze have been identified as Bilal Ahmad Haroon, Muneer Ahmad Haroon, Haseena Begum, Rafiqa Begum, Mohammad Anwar Lone, Muhsataq Ahmad Dandroo, and Mushtaq Ahmad Lone.
 At least two families were taking shelter in some of the houses. And after this fire incident, they have been rendered homeless.
 It is to be mentioned here that Srinagar city is witnessing frequent fire incidents and in the current year, around 250 structures worth a million were gutted into ashes.
 However, the officials of the fire and emergency department are citing several reasons for the fire incidents in Srinagar. One reason, according to the officials, is the congestion in the city. Also, they say that people are leaving electronic gadgets unattended, which is causing fires.
 Whenever a fire is erupting, people are creating hues and cry instead of dousing the flames. He said that at the initial stage, it is easy to douse the flames, but until the firemen reached the spot, the fire already  spread to other houses.
 People are frequently becoming impediments to putting out fires. As they are snatching the pipes for the firemen.
 Meanwhile, confirming the fire incident, an official of fire and emergency said that six structures were gutted in the blaze, among which three structures were gutted severally and three others suffered minor damage.
 He said the cause of the fire is due to LPG leakage; however, he said that no one was hurt in the incident.  

Latest Post