Psychological Benefits of Breastfeeding For Mother
Post by on Thursday, December 23, 2021
Breastfeeding,also known as Nursing,is a natural and beautiful process that helps create intimacy and bonding between mom and baby which inturn embrace with beneficial psychological effects which are as under:
· Stress;Inflammation is part of the body’s stress response,and when inflammation levels are high,people are more likely to experience depression. Breastfeeding can help lower the mother’s inflammation levels which also lower the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
· Sleep;One of the biggest,and may be most surprising,psychological benefits of breastfeeding is better sleep.In fact, mothers who only breastfeed may find that they fall asleep easier,stay asleep longer,and sleep more deeply.
· Hormone boost;When you breastfeed, your body makes the hormones prolactin and oxytocin.Oxytocin produces a peaceful,nurturing feeling that allows you to relax and focus on your child.It also promotes a strong sense of love and attachment between you and your baby.
· Increased calmness;Breastfeeding can also support your baby’s physical and emotional wellness.Breastfed babies cry less overall and have fewer incidences of childhood illness.
· Physical and emotional bonding; Breastfeeding creates a bonding experience between mother and child because it promotes skin-to-skin contact,more holding and stroking.Many experts say that affectionate bonding during the first years of life helps lessen social and behavioral problems in both children and adults.
· .Breastfeeding can also help mothers learn to read their infant's cues and can help babies learn to trust caregivers.This helps shape a baby's early behavior.