Pregnancy care in Community:
Post by on Saturday, July 31, 2021
As soon as a married lady misses her periods, she should primarily get her pregnancy test done. Once her test comes positive, she should approach the nearest government health facility and get herself registered there.
The advantages of registration are:
1. She should get enrolled in Mother and Child Tracking System (MCTS) wherein she will get alerts about her pregnancy visits to health centre, delivery time, Immunization visits for newborn babies etc.
2. The ANM and ASHA workers shall visit the home of THE pregnant lady regularly during her pregnancy, child birth and first year of newborn baby.
3. The pregnant lady is entitled for free registration, medicines, investigations, transportation, delivery, blood transfusion services and also diet soon after delivery.
4. Further the child gets free services like hospital admission, treatment, medicines, investigations etc. These free services to mother and infant are provided under Janani Shishu Surakhsha Karikram (JSSK) scheme for pregnant women and their infant.
5. A pregnant woman is entitled for cash assistance under Janani Surakhsha Yojna (JSY).
Dr. S Muhammad Salim Khan
Head department of Community Medicine, GMC Srinagar