ORAL HYGIENE IN WOMEN
Maintaining a good oral health leads to a good generalized health overall. This is more related to women as health of women s body and oral health is bidirectional .
Post by on Wednesday, June 23, 2021
Maintaining a good oral health leads toÂ Â a good generalized health overall. This is more related to women as health of women s body and oral health is bidirectional .
Teenagers are more prone to gingivitis and apthous ulcers due to beginning of , which may at times causes bleeding gums due to abruptÂ Â hormonal fluctuations. May not be related to plaque deposition .
Women in early middle age have either pregnancy or use of oral contraceptives which also changes the bacterias and pH of the mouth .Due to pregnancy some females due to poor hygiene suffer from granuloma which requires surgical excision.
Women in menopausal or elderly age may suffer from dry mouth , burning mouth syndromes.
Measures to help women oral hygiene â€“
1.Â Â Brushing twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste and soft bristles toothbrush.
2. Use of fluoridated mouthwash which prevent cavities and bleeding gums
3. Flossing of teeth with either dental floss or waterpik.
4. Massaging gums to help keratinise it .
5. Eating healthy foodÂ Â which help in controlling infection.
6. Eating fibrous friuts and vegetables help in self cleansing teeth thereby regulation the pH of oral cavity and good bacterial balance .
7. Use of artificial saliva for elderly females having dry mouth.
8. Visiting your dentist regularly for routine dental examination.( We Recommend twice yearly ) which help in early diagnosis of any underlying dentalÂ Â problem.
Dr JANHVI MAMTORA.Â
Cosmetic & General Dentist. Smile Dental Clinic. Mumbai.