Post by Rupali Datta, RD on Monday, November 14, 2022
These grow on trees and are a treasure trove of health.
• They contain the highest amounts of healthy omega -3 fats that keep the heart beat steady, lower BP and heart rate and improve the health of our arteries.
• They are great for brain health. They support the formation of new neurons , and also the development of the functioning of the central nervous system
• The Vitamin E and ellagic acid, a phytonutrient and folates are present in walnuts making it a good antioxidant source.
• Walnut supports the gut microbiota
• Walnuts contain melatonin, serotonin, and magnesium all of which help with sleep
Rupali Datta, RD
Founder Diet Decisions
DDPHN, RD, EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEMBER IDA