Nutrition: Sleep well
Post by Rupali Datta, RD on Friday, October 28, 2022
Sleep is very important for our brain health, mood and for prevention of a number of diseases like heart diseases, stroke, obesity. Not just the number of hours but quality of sleep also matters. Night sleep is an important focus of overall health. Some kitchen hacks :
- A glass of warm milk, rich in tryptophan, helps a good snooze.
- Almonds or almond milk also contains Tryptophan.
- Chamomile tea with Apigenin calms the brain.
- Ashwagandha root infusions for relaxing and revitalizing the body.
- Saffron with honey and desi ghee seeps out all the stress.
Rupali Datta, RD
Founder Diet Decisions
DDPHN, RD, EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEMBER IDA