Nutrition: NUTTY STORY
Post by Rupali Datta, RD on Thursday, September 29, 2022
These little wonders of nature are health bombs. They pack enormous nutrients within them, you can call them superfoods. Numerous studies have proven their ability to protect against CVD, Diabetes, Cancers and support a robust immune function.
The reason is:
- The presence of heart healthy Monounsaturated fats and Omega-3 fats in Almonds and Walnuts.
- Vitamin E, a strong natural antioxidant in almost all nuts especially Almonds and Pine nuts.
- Proteins that add satiety are present in all nuts.
- Selenium in Brazil nuts and zinc in Cashews help build immunity and overall health.
- All nuts are also good sources of Plant sterols that help lower cholesterol.
Serving size: 30gm/ day
Rupali Datta, RD
Founder Diet Decisions
DDPHN, RD, EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEMBER IDA