Post by Dr Amir Iqbal Lone on Monday, September 26, 2022
While dealing with endometriosis we need to target the inflammation caused and high oestrogen levels. Food is a very good treatment for both.
- Fibre from whole grains, fruits, legumes and vegetables helps throw out excess oestrogen via the stools.
- Healthy fats like omega 3 are very effective in controlling inflammation. Fatty fish like salmon, sardines, walnuts, chia seeds are rich sources of omega -3
- Monounsaturated fats found in almonds, peanut, safflower oils all help fight inflammation.
- Turmeric has potent anti-inflammatory properties that will help reduce symptoms.
- Magnesium found in green leafy vegetables, legumes, pumpkin seeds is a muscle relaxant that will help with cramps.
- Gluten free grains like brown rice, millets, corn may help alleviate the symptoms.
- Dairy free diets have shown some benefits but should not be followed for more than a month.
Rupali Datta, RD
Founder Diet Decisions
DDPHN, RD, EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEMBER IDA