Nutrition: DON’T PAUSE FOR PERIODS
Post by Rupali Datta, RD on Friday, September 23, 2022
Our food and lifestyle play an important role in preventing or reducing the severity of symptoms some face during their periods.
Follow the following daily for a safe and comfortable period:
- Whole grains like whole wheat, Oats, Brown rice.
- Low fat milk preferably as dahi, lassi add probiotics which elevates indigestion and the calcium will help with the cramps.
- Healthy proteins from legumes, nuts, egg, fish and meats as proteins are needed to make up the blood loss.
- Lots of vegetables, especially the green leafy ones to add fiber, and provide iron to make up for blood loss.
- Fruits add vitamins and antioxidants. Whole fruits are better than juices as the latter may lead to bloating because of excess sugar and no fiber.
- Healthy fats in limited quantities are essential.
- Exercise daily
Rupali Datta, RD
Founder Diet Decisions
DDPHN, RD, EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEMBER IDA