Post by Rupali Datta, RD on Tuesday, October 18, 2022
These must haves add more to health than just their nutrients.
Indian Superfoods that have been a part of our traditional food:
- Amla: is very rich in Vitamin C which is critical for immunity, recovery from illness and anemia. Its antioxidant compounds fight free radicals protecting against memory loss, heart diseases, diabetes, and cancer.
- BASIL/ Tulsi: Dried , fresh or powdered has potent antioxidant, antibacterial, anti inflammatory effects because of its phytochemicals
- Turmeric: Curcumin in haldi is a strong anti-inflammatory agent and hence protects against heart diseases. It also increases brain function and antioxidant capacity of the body
- Moringa: is rich in vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, antibiotics. It has been found to control diabetes, cholesterol. It should be used as a supplement for health
- Fox Nuts: Makhanas are a good source of magnesium, which is good for heart health, its antioxidants help with inflammation and slow ageing.
Rupali Datta, RD
Founder Diet Decisions
DDPHN, RD, EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEMBER IDA