House gutted in Sopore fire incident
Post by Noor Mohi-ud-din on Friday, October 28, 2022
Baramulla, Oct 27: A two storey house was Thursday gutted in a fire incident in Maharajpora area of north Kashmir's Sopore, officials said.
An official of the fire and emergency department said that the fire broke out in a residential building in Maharajpora area of Sopore on Thursday, resulting in damage worth lakhs.
He said that fire broke out from a double storey residential house belonging to Bashir Ahmad Dar in the dense population of Maharajpora. The house was completely gutted in the fire incident.
Mohammad Akbar, an official of the Fire and Emergency Services department said that they received the call regarding a fire incident and its Sopore station immediately rushed the water tenders to the area.
"The firefighters faced a tough time while controlling the flames. In the incident, one house was gutted. However immediate action from the firefighters saved the rest of the houses,” the official told Rising Kashmir.
Although a short circuit is said to be the reason behind the incident, the fire department is yet to ascertain the cause of the fire.