Post by on Tuesday, May 3, 2022
Relaxation techniques are practices you do to produce your body's natural relaxation response. This slows down your breathing, lowers your blood pressure, and reduces muscle tension and stress.
Types of relaxation techniques include
• Progressive relaxation, where you tighten and relax different muscle groups, sometimes while using mental imagery or breathing exercises
• Guided imagery, where you learn to focus on positive images in your mind, to help you feel more relaxed and focused
• Biofeedback, where you use electronic devices to learn to control certain body functions, such as breathing, heart rate, and muscle tension
• Self-hypnosis, where the goal is to get yourself into a relaxed, trance-like state when you hear a certain suggestion or see a specific cue
• Deep breathing exercises, which involve focusing on taking slow, deep, even breaths .
Dr Umar Jan,