About Us | Contact Us | E-Paper
Title :    Text :    Source : 

Couple dies of asphyxiation in Baramulla

Post by Noor Mohi-ud-din on Friday, November 11, 2022

First slide

Baramulla, Nov 10: An elderly couple died of suffocation caused by a gas leakage in the Noorbagh locality of Baramulla town here on Thursday.
A police official told Rising Kashmir that the couple had fallen unconscious in a room where they were sleeping. "Initial investigation suggests that the room where they were sleeping was filled with gas. The couple was using a gas heater due to cold weather and died of asphyxiation," he said.
He identified the deceased as Dr Abdul Rasheed Bhat and his wife Nisara Begum of the Noorbagh area in Baramulla. A neighbour said they used a ladder to reach the upper storey of the house and found the couple dead inside their room. "We live nearby and till noon we found no movement in the house. We informed the police and locals only to find the couple dead inside the house," he added.
Police said they are ascertaining the details and further investigation in this matter has been initiated.

Latest Post