Benefits of breastfeeding
Post by on Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Breastmilk is the ideal food for infants. It is safe, clean and contains antibodies that help protect against many common childhood illnesses.
• Early skin-to-skin contact keeps the baby warm.
• It helps in early secretion of breastmilk.
• Feeding first milk protects the baby from diseases.
• Helps mother and baby to develop a close and loving relationship.
• Decreases risk of illness such as diarrhea, pneumonia, ear and throat infections.
• Benefits for the mother
• Helps womb to contract and the placenta is expelled easily
• Reduce the risk of excessive bleeding after delivery
• Reduces the risk of breast cancer, uterine cancer and ovarian cancer
Dr Suhail Naik