J&K to complete 100% second COVID vaccination by Jan 10: Govt
About Us | Contact Us | E-Paper
Title :    Text :    Source : 

J&K to complete 100% second COVID vaccination by Jan 10: Govt

Post by on Thursday, November 25, 2021

First slide
Srinagar, Nov 24: Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) government is set to complete its target of 100 percent inoculation of the adult population with the second dose of vaccination against COVID-19 by January 10, 2022.
 In October, J&K achieved the milestone of 100 per cent coverage of the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine for the age group of 18 years and above across all 20 districts. The UT was one of the few states/UTs in the country to achieve this milestone.
Director General, Family Welfare MCH and Immunisation, J&K Dr Saleem -ur- Rehman told Rising Kashmir that J&K is doing much better than the other states as the vaccination covers all the age groups.
 "We are in a very good position. Till date, 72 percent of the vaccination has been done successfully and the remaining 28 percent will be completed by January 10. Around 67 lakh people have been administered with the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine," Rehman said.
According to health department figures till October 10, 2021, in Srinagar district alone 379843 have been fully vaccinated.
In Baramulla, 355217 persons have received both the doses, while in Kulgam, 158829 have been fully vaccinated.
Similarly, in Bandipora, 116849 are fully vaccinated, in Kupwara, 251530 have received both the doses.
In Pulwama, 166906 persons are fully vaccinated and in Ganderbal, 115704 have received both the doses.
The latest sero-survey has revealed that at least 84% of Kashmir’s population has developed antibodies against COVID-19.
 The study also revealed that Srinagar and Anantnag have the highest sero prevalence at 89.7% and 87.2% respectively. The lowest sero prevalence was in Pulwama district at 78.24%.
Going by the current rate of vaccination, which is just above 5 million doses a day, India will be able to fully vaccinate all its adults by April 2022.
With the current pace, only 72.5% of Indian adults will be fully vaccinated by the end of this year. This is based on the latest adult population estimate, which is roughly 94 crore. This means the country would need to administer around 188 crore doses to cover all those who are 18 years old or above.

Latest Post